httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ellison , John P" ...@tulane.edu>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Cannot load mod_proxy. undefined symbol: proxy_lb_workers
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2006 13:33:11 GMT
" I then added the modules to httpd.conf (LoadModule proxy_module modules/mod_proxy.so, etc).
Upon trying to stop the currently running server with apachectl, I received the following
error:

httpd: Syntax error on line 82 of /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot load /usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_proxy.so
into server: /usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_proxy.so: undefined symbol: proxy_lb_workers

Line 82 is what I listed above: LoadModule proxy_module modules/mod_proxy.so

Have I missed some dependency within my jail?  Is this something easy that I've simply overlooked?
Googling wasn't very helpful, so I turned this way.  Thanks in advance.

-Nate
"

Hi.  I think I ran across the solution to your problem the other day.  http://www.apacheweek.com/features/reverseproxies.
 Skip down to the part where he states "noting that mod_proxy itself is in two source files
(mod_proxy.c and proxy_util.c).
"
I ran across a similar problem to yours and solved it by building mod_proxy using configure.
 Try using apxs to build proxy_util as well.  If you dig around, I think you'll find the proxy_lb_workers,
etc. functions in there.

JP