httpd-users mailing list archives

From Evan Platt <e...@espphotography.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] SSL issues.
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2006 14:49:03 GMT
At 10:58 PM 7/6/2006, you wrote:
>Your httpd error log clearly indicates that you are trying to send a
>request over SSL to a server which is not SSL enabled. Make sure
>that you have loaded mod_ssl. If you are using an Apache source or
>binary distribution retrieved from apache.org, make sure Apache is
>started with "startssl" as argument to apachectl. Finally make sure
>you have a line saying "SSLEngine on" somewhere in your configuration.

SSLEngine On was somehow disabled. No clue when or how.  Re-enabled
it, decided to go for the 2.2.2 upgrade. Halfway through the make,
realized I didn't specify the prefix. Stopped it, remade /installed
with prefix /Library/Apache2. Now, httpd -k start says
httpd: Could not open configuration file
/usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf: No such file or directory

So obviously something thinks the directory should be
/usr/local/apache2. Removed the directory, which httpd says
/Library/Apache2 . What do I need to change to tell it to look for
everything in /Library/Apache2? Tried remaking and make install again, no joy.

Thanks.

Evan