httpd-users mailing list archives

From Axel-St├ęphane SMORGRAV <Axel-Stephane.SMORG...@europe.adp.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] SSL issues.
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2006 05:58:52 GMT
Your httpd error log clearly indicates that you are trying to send a request over SSL to a
server which is not SSL enabled. Make sure that you have loaded mod_ssl. If you are using
an Apache source or binary distribution retrieved from apache.org, make sure Apache is started
with "startssl" as argument to apachectl. Finally make sure you have a line saying "SSLEngine
on" somewhere in your configuration.

-ascs

-----Original Message-----
From: Evan Platt [mailto:evan@espphotography.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 06, 2006 7:35 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] SSL issues.

Running Apache 2.2.0 on a os/x box... First off, I notice 2.2.2 is available. Will this be
a seamless upgrade - ie will I need to make any changes to my httpd.conf?

Second, ssl stopped working. Only thing I can think of I've done since it last worked was
I enabled  Include conf/extra/httpd-autoindex.conf.

Error message in IE is cannot find server or DNS entry. Error in firefox is <domain>
has sent an incorrect or unexpected message. Error Code: -12281

httpd.log says:

#.#.#.# - - [06/Jul/2006:10:32:28 -0700] "\x80g\x01\x03" 200 42065 "-" "-"
(#.#.#.# is obviously my IP).

Feel free to try https://www.espphotography.com .

Also, not really httpd related...

Microsoft has a secure services site:
https://sscfreedom.ssc.nasa.gov/certsrv/
I've submitted a request for a SSL certificate, but I keep getting denied
- "Check with your administrator." I am my administrator.
Any hints? Or better sources for a secure cert? I'm not doing any online sales yet, when I
do It'll be worth investing in one for my business.

Thanks.

Evan