httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Serge Dubrouski" <serge...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Integrating Apache and Tomcat via mod_jk
Date Sat, 02 Sep 2006 22:04:57 GMT
I'm not really familiar with Windows version ob Tomcat and Apache. I
prefer UNIX/Linux. But...

On 9/2/06, jbashir <joseph@ufnasoft.com> wrote:

> A little explanation of the problem:
> I have the tomcat running on one computer with ip 192.168.0.130 and
> apache running on another computer with ip 192.168.0.21
>
> In the server.xml I have included these two lines:
> <Listener className="org.apache.jk.config.ApacheConfig"
> modJk="http://192.168.0.21/modules/mod_jk.dll" /> AND
> <Listener       className="org.apache.jk.config.ApacheConfig" append="true"
> forwardAll="false" modJk="http://192.168.0.21/modules/mod_jk.dll" />

That's just for generating workers.properties file for Apache. Besides
this you have some connectors configured there. It could AJP
connectors for mod_jk or HTTP connectors for mod_rewrite/mod_proxy.
It's up to you what kind of conector to use.

> This creates two new folder $TOMCAT_HOME\conf\auto\ AND
> $TOMCAT_HOME\conf\jk\.

There it should create workers.properties file if you have AJP
connector configured.

> The Apache is installed on 192.168.0.21. In the $APACHE_HOME\conf\httpd.conf
> file I have to include the line:
> Include http://192.168.0.130:8080/conf/auto/mod_jk.conf, to tell apache
> where mod_jk.conf is. When I start apache it gives the error:
>
> [error] Access to config file c:/program files/apache
>  group/apache/http://192.168.0.130:8080/conf/auto/mod_jk.conf denied: not a
> valid filename
> fopen: Permission denied

So it does not exist on your system. You should copy it from Tomcat
box. And remove IP addresses from file/path names.

> apache: could not open document config file c:/program files/apache
> group/apache/http://192.168.0.130:8080/conf/auto/mod_jk.conf

Do you actually have mod_jk compiled?

> If this line:
> Include http://192.168.0.130:8080/conf/auto/mod_jk.conf
> does not accept the url (it accepts only a directory), then what should I
> do?

You should create mod_jk.conf file. And put it into $APACHE_HOME/conf
directory. For the formar of that file check this

http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/howto/apache.html

Then replace
Include http://192.168.0.130:8080/conf/auto/mod_jk.conf

with

Include /conf/mod_jk.conf

Copy workers.properties files, and everything whall work fine then.