httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Ouch! ap_mm_create
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2006 17:28:32 GMT
On Friday 06 October 2006 17:14, Abe Woodrum wrote:
> My question(s) not be suitable for this list.
>
> The following error is from trying to start httpd from an Oracle
> Application Server Intall:
>
> Ouch! ap_mm_create(1048576, "/tmp/apache/logs/mm.9189") failed
> Error: MM: mm:core: failed to open memory file (No such file or
> directory): OS: No such file or directory

That looks like a very, very old version of Apache.  I expect
creating the directory might fix it.

> My first question, maybe only, is this an appropriate list to seek out a
> resolution for this?  The oracle docs, metalink, and forums do not offer
> much for this particular/exact error.

With oracle, the available resources are such utter crap, there's no
realistic option other than hiring a consultant.  That's why their rates
are about ten times higher than an honest hack.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.prenhallprofessional.com/title/0132409674