httpd-users mailing list archives

From Dan Buettner <d...@thelittlemacshop.com>
Subject [users@httpd] redirect and rewriting puzzle
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2006 21:11:38 GMT
Launched a new site last week, built on Rails, Apache and mongrel.
Now have collected a number of 404 errors from the logs, and wish to
redirect them to the appropriate page in Rails.

My situatrion is, we're using URL rewriting to direct anything that is
not a file to the mongrel Rail balancer.  But I wish to incorporate some
404 URLs which of course do not exist into the config.

Is there a way to write a RewriteCond such that if a URL is not
mapped/redirected in a file, THEN do the rewrite?

My config:

   RewriteEngine On

   RewriteCond %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}/%{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
   RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ balancer://prod_app%{REQUEST_URI} [P,QSA,L]

(which leaves Apache serving static content and mongrel doing Rails)

and later:
Include /opt/csw/apache2/etc/general_url_redirect.txt

Sample from the general_url_redirect.txt file:
RedirectPermanent   /about/eventscalendar.htm   http://www.site.com/calendar

What I'd like is to be able to do something aking to this:

   RewriteCond ^(.*)$ $1!mapped:general_url_redirect.txt

Suggestions welcomed.

Thanks,
Dan

--