httpd-users mailing list archives

From Fabio Corazza <fa...@newbay.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] suEXEC verbosity
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2006 17:20:56 GMT
Fabio Corazza wrote:
[snip]
> Everything is fine except the verbosity of the suEXEC mechanism, which
> writes a notice for every request that is passed to the CGI:
[snip]

With the help of a colleague we wrote a patch to get rid of excessive
verbosity of suEXEC, for whom they intend to run it on high-load web
servers with a lot of requests going through the invoked script (it may
be desirable not to have 4 lines printed to the log for every request).

Basically we suppress the output that is generated every time that the
script is invoked (we just open the file), and we suppress the umask
notice as well.

It didn't produce any nasty effect in our environment.

Any comment is appreciated.

Regards,

--
Fabio Corazza - Engineering