httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tomasz Chmielewski <...@syneticon.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_deflate in 2.2.3 - doesn't work properly for PHP - or does it?
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2006 15:38:52 GMT
Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:

> Why doesn't Apache 2.2.3 show compression ratios for PHP pages?
>
> When I checked with Wireshark, the pages are indeed compressed.
>
> How can I make sure that the ratios are shown in the log?
>
> php.ini on both servers look exactly the same.

This is weird.
For some PHP pages, it shows compression ratio, and for some, it doesn't.

This is a phpMyAdmin page:

"GET /wiki/phpMyAdmin/index.php/test HTTP/1.1" 2963/13602 (21%)

This is a MediaWiki page:

"GET /wiki/index.php/test HTTP/1.1" -/- (-%)

Both display a page in just one request.

Any ideas what's wrong?

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org