httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ed Sawicki ...@alcpress.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Confused about LimitRequestBody
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2006 21:37:48 GMT
I'm trying to understand the LimitRequestBody directive.
I'm working with the latest versions of Apache 2.0 and 2.3.
I added this line to my httpd.conf file in the main
(server) section - not in a <Directory> container or any
other container:

LimitRequestBody  10

I'm using none of the other Limitxxxx directives.
Then I sent this HTTP request to the server:

POST /cgi-bin/printenv?12345678901234567890 HTTP/1.1

along with the other usual headers typical browsers send.
I received a normal response from the CGI (Perl) script.
I expected it to fail because the request is longer than
10 bytes - but it didn't.

The printenv program returned these relevant headers:

QUERY_STRING="12345678901234567890"

REQUEST_URI="/cgi-bin/printenv?12345678901234567890"

I get the same results when I place the LimitRequestBody
directive in the DocumentRoot <Directory> container or
the /cgi-bin <Directory> container.

What am I doing wrong?

Ed