httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Randy Paries" <rtpar...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Looking for some ideas on how to stop someone view an html page directly using Server Side Includes
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2006 03:44:09 GMT
I need some ideas on how to solve this problem. I am thinking there has to
be a way...

I have a web server with thousands of users(each with their own
sub-directories)

In each of these sub directories is a file called main.html
(btw  these are the only htmls the rest of the site is jsp and perl, i do
not have to rename them to shtml)

What i am trying to figure out how to do is restrict them from doing
http://www.domain.com/user/main.html

the correct way is to do http://www.domain.com/user which calls index that
has frames and so on.

So i was thinking maybe i could use SSI. I have been reading the doc, but it
looks pretty limited

Can SSI look for a cookie or something and then if not present do something
else?

So i thought i would approach this group and see if anyone had any brilliant
ideas.

Thanks
Randy