httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] rewrite proxy and query string
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2006 00:00:30 GMT
On 10/5/06, David Salisbury <salisbury@globe.gov> wrote:
> Thanks for the tip, and I have looked into it.  Acutally, right now, in my deconstruction
of this,
> I'm just trying to get mod_rewrite to rewrite _anything_!
>
> RewriteEngine on
> RewriteLogLevel 9
> RewriteRule  ^sda-bin(.*) ddl-bin$1
>
> ScriptAlias /sda-bin/  /some/dir/    # doesn't seem to mater either above or below.
>
> and a request to http://domain.com/sda-bin/m2h?gl/clouds.men returns as normal.
> No rewrite logging comes through either.  Maybe that doesn't get turned on unless
> there's a match, but it should be matching.  This module hold's it's secrets well. :(
>
> thanx for any clues... and I have cleared my cache, and the access_log log's the
> query as normal.  Startup is fine, so the module must be loaded.

In what part of httpd.conf are you placing this?  It is best to place
it ouside any <Directory> section, in which case you need absolute
web-paths.  The absence of a rewritelog would indicate that the
rewriterules are not coming anywhere near the request, since you
should get evidence even of missed matches.

Joshua.