httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Angus" <mdan...@psychtest.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.2.3 and PHP 5.1.6
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2006 18:46:00 GMT
Here's what I do (Windows environment)... works fine for me.

LoadModule php5_module "C:\php\php5apache2_2.dll"
PHPIniDir "C:/php"
<IfModule mod_mime.c>
 AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
</IfModule>

Bill Angus, MA
http://www.psychtest.com

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ed Lazor
  To: users@httpd.apache.org
  Sent: Thursday, November 02, 2006 10:36 AM
  Subject: [users@httpd] Apache 2.2.3 and PHP 5.1.6

  I've been Googling and searching the mailing list archive with no
  luck, so I thought I'd try asking for help...

  I'm getting an error of:  Invalid command 'AddType' when trying to
  start Apache.

  The PHP 5 installation instructions say to modify httpd.conf and add

         LoadModule php5_module libexec/libphp5.so
         AddModule mod_php5.c
         AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .phtml

  I did that, but then Apache said AddModule was an invalid command.  I
  commented it out and now AddType is causing problems.

  Also, I read that the AddModule command has been removed in Apache
  2.2.3, but that leaves me wondering... how do I configure Apache
  2.2.3 to use PHP?

  I run httpd -l and it tells me that the mod_so.c is one of the
  compiled in modules.

  Thanks,
  Ed