httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Amit Khemka" <khemkaa...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Newbie: Adding multiple Location directive to httpd.conf
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2006 14:46:32 GMT
Hello List,

I am using Apache/2.0.54 on Linux 2.6.11-1.1369_FC4smp.
I have a python based application server with apache, which had added
the following to htttpd.conf file:

<Location />
    SetHandler appserver-handler
</Location>
(I presume, to by default forward all request to the appserver)

I wanted to add some php scripts, so i created directory
"/var/www/html/php' and added fololwing to httpd.conf

<Location /php/>
        SetHandler php5-script
</Location>

It works with few catches, for example:
 - When i access the url: http://localhost/php , it returns the error
"permission denied", though i have added index.php to DirectoryIndex
- http://localhost/php/index.php loaded, but with stylesheets, images
etc, after looking around i found that browser was reporting error for
wrong mime-type (ie. text/html instead of text/css)

I tried the following (just in case the information could be useful):
1. I commented the app-server directives in httpd.conf -- SAME PROBLEMS
2. I commented both app-server and php directives in httpd.conf -- It
works like charm
3. I also tried using .htaccess and Directory and few more random
hacks, though couldnt figure out anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,
amit.

--