httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Authentication Problem
Date Thu, 23 Nov 2006 07:36:45 GMT

I think you've proven by experiment that it doesn't.

The username and password are sent using base-64 encoding. So that means
that your multi-byte input characters will be base-64 encoded for the
transfer and then be converted back into printable ascii at the server.
I'd guess they'd then be unlikely to match..

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> ,
> Josh.