httpd-users mailing list archives

From Alain Schoenmakers <aschoenmak...@gti-ia-zo.nl>
Subject [users@httpd] automatic reload of apache.conf
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2006 08:30:57 GMT
Hi All,

I was wondering if apache has something like a auto reload
feature of it configuration. The following has happend :

I edited my configuration (apache.conf) and altered the values
of MaxServers and keep-alive time. I saved the configuration but
DID NOT start and stop or restart the apache server(on purpose).

After 2 days my apache server was down (bad gateway), because of an
error in the configuration I edited. I think this means the edited
configuration file was loaded without an restart of the apache server
or the host system.

How is the possible ??

Thanx in advance,
Alain