httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Rob Sterenborg" <...@sterenborg.info>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] SSL Certificate on Intranet Virtual Host
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2007 18:51:50 GMT
php@swimwebs.com <mailto:php@swimwebs.com> wrote:
> I run several intranet sites for our company on a linux
> server using VirtualHosts.  I've created a wildcard SSL
> certificate for our intranet sites which work when I browse
> to the fully qualified domain name (i.e.
> https://home.domain.org) but most of our users use the short
> name to get around (https://home) which causes a security
> warning.  Is there a way to fix this or am I doomed to
> require users to use the fully qualified domain name?

Perhaps you can use a rewrite rule to point the to the FQDN.
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_rewrite.html#rewritecond

This may or may not work for you; I'm not exactly a rewrite-guru, but
*something* along these lines is what I'm using to do some rewriting
(and this is my only experience with it):

<Directory ...>
	RewriteEngine on
	RewriteCond %{SERVER_NAME} !^<Your_FQDN>$
	RewriteRule ^.*$ https://<Your_FQDN>%{REQUEST_URI} [L,R]
</Directory>

Grts,
Rob