httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Rob Sterenborg" <...@sterenborg.info>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Forbidden web pages
Date Fri, 19 Jan 2007 18:24:30 GMT
Lowe, Grant <mailto:glowe@ucsd.edu> wrote:
> Hi All.
>
> I'm getting the error:
>
> Forbidden
>
> You don't have permission to access /mrtg on this server.
>
> I have searched through Google and looked at various web pages and
> numerous USENET news groups.  I have checked the permissions
> on the mrtg and apache directories and files in question.  I have
> tried different browsers.  I have also looked through the FAQ,
> specifically, under Configuration, question 15 (Why do I get
> "Forbidden/You don't have permission to access / on this server"
> message whenever I try to access my server).  I have tried
> connecting from different computers.  Still the same result.  I'm
> running Apache 2.0.52 on a CentOS server.  Any ideas?

We don't know how you configured the webserver or virtual-host.
And since we don't, my advice would be to start looking at these places:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_access.html#allow
(And: http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_access.html#deny)
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_access.html#order

Check in your config files if you used these directives at multiple
places for the same VH.
Or post your config so someone can look at it.

Grts,
Rob