httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Olivier Stievenart" <v...@bigik.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache 1.3 crashes randomly on graceful restart when updating httpd.conf
Date Sun, 07 Jan 2007 01:12:31 GMT
Hello,

First, please excuse my english, I'm Belgian ;)

So,
I'm running the lastest Apache 1.3 version.
My httpd.conf has now ~700 vhosts (webhosting).

When the httpd.conf is updated, before that the httpd is gracefully
restarted, a 'configtest' is made.
(The update is made by a cronjob for adding vhosts only.)

The problem :
Apache crashes randomly (+/- once a day) on graceful restart, parse error of
the httpd.conf.
But there is no error !
=> I start manually the httpd by 'apachectl start' with no changes of the
httpd.conf and that's ok.

Apache was compiled like this :
./configure --enable-module=so --enable-module=rewrite --prefix=/usr/local/apache

I don't understand anything..
Can this be from the big numbers of vhosts ? or something else ?

Thanks a lot.

--
Stievenart Olivier