httpd-users mailing list archives

From Christian Gottschalch <ma...@llbc.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_proxy maximum connections to a backend
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2007 10:23:30 GMT
Hi,

i think it ist per process, so if you have 100 processes with max value
200 your Hard Maximum will be 20000 connections, but im not shure.

Documentation says
(http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_proxy.html#proxypass):
The default for a Hard Maximum for the number of connections is the
number of threads per process in the active MPM.

which makes sense, because every thread can handle one request, to
handle the request a minimum of one connection to the proxyed server is
needed, therefore i think it must be a per process setting. In prefork
mode it is set to 1, because  if you use prefork only one request can be
handled per process.

regards.