httpd-users mailing list archives

From Davide Bianchi <dav...@onlyforfun.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] pid file
Date Sat, 13 Jan 2007 12:29:31 GMT
Octavian Rasnita wrote:
> I am trying to start 2 servers using the same httpd program, and for
> doing this, I specify the base directory for each server, using:
>
> /usr/local/apache2/bin/httpd -d /path_to_server1
> /usr/local/apache2/bin/httpd -d /path_to_server2

> In each of those 2 directories I have a directory named "conf" with the
> configuration files, and I also have a directory named "logs" for
> storing the log files, and the PID file.

Are you sure that you don't overwrite the ServerRoot in the httpd.conf
file again? Since the ServerRoot is specified just before the PidFile,
maybe you are overriding it twice...

Davide

--
You are in a maze of twisty little protocols, all written by Microsoft.
--picked up from J.Hardin's signature on alt.sysadmin.recovery