httpd-users mailing list archives

From Davide Bianchi <dav...@onlyforfun.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] VIRTUAL HOSTS
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2007 10:57:30 GMT
On 01/22/2007 11:28 AM, Bashiro wrote:
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/vhosts/name-based.html ,Main host goes away:
> Does this mean whenever one configure any virtual host
> regardless of wheter it's https or http, the main server
> delcared in the httpd.conf has to be removed and place in
> the virtual host block ?

Basically yes. The first Virtual Host become "the" host.

> Now Whenever other subdomains are accessed by https://, apache
> serve the files directory from domain1.myhost.com even though these
> subdomains have not been declared to be used as ssl.

That because the request is encrypted and Apache can't say if it is for
the correct vhost or not until it gets decripted, and the only way to
decrypt it is to use the certificate. So Apache will know that the
request is NOT for the vhost only after serving it.

> How do I configure apache to serve only the files that are intended for
> use with ss (in this case domain1.myhost.com).

Run domain1 on a different IP.

Davide

--
Dogs crawl under fences... software crawls under Windows 95.