httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sander Temme <scte...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Building Static Apache on AIX 5.2 with GCC
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2007 21:59:35 GMT

On Jan 3, 2007, at 10:46 AM, Justin Johnson wrote:

> svnadm /svn/build/httpd-2.2.3>./configure \

Try adding --enable-shared=no and --enable-static=yes to your httpd
configure line.  As you can see when you trawl the configure output,
APR is still built with shared libraries.  Also, you'll want httpd
itself to be statically linked against the gcc stuff.  Enabling a
module as static only applies to that module.

I don't know why you're not finding ldap.  Do you have a library of
the name libldap.a (or whatever suffix AIX uses, I forget) in that /
svn/lib directory?  I have no idea why configure wouldn't find it there.

In a broader sense, you're not really interested in having LDAP
static, APR static or the Apache modules static: you just want to
pick up that gcc runtime, right?  Have you tried moving the shared
libraries that come with gcc out of the way?  So libtool will only
find the static one to link against?

I don't suppose using IBM's C compiler is an option?

S. (perhaps someone who knows more about AIX can chime in)