httpd-users mailing list archives

From Can Le <lecan75...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] CGI Windows XP
Date Fri, 19 Jan 2007 19:51:24 GMT
Hi,

  Please help me debug or post a sample link for CGI problem.

  Affter I re-installed  Windows and Apache2.2, I could open  localhost home page from htdocs/index.html
but not  CGI from  index.cgi. I viewed old apache1.3 plus new apache2.2 helps:

  http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/misc/FAQ.html#aixccbug

  I am using Windows XP home, apache2.2 to write Perl cgi. I am having problem of running
CGI with this error:

  [Thu Jan 18 21:05:59 2007] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] client denied by  server configuration:
C:/Program Files/Apache Software  Foundation/Apache2.2/cgi-bin

  I had these among other things in httpd.conf:

  LoadModule cern_meta_module lib/apache2/mod_cern_meta.so
  LoadModule cgi_module lib/apache2/mod_cgi.so

  ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/cgi-bin/"

  <Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/cgi-bin">
  AllowOverride None
  AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .html
  Options Includes +ExecCGI MultiViews

  LogLevel debug
  DirectoryIndex index.html index.cgi

  Myfile.cgi properties from Windows: unchecked Read only, apache in  Registry: no group,
but after I reboosted Windows XP, the Read only  checkmark was checked again. Adding "debug"
won't give any more hints.

  Do I have to remove 2 LoadModules for default.so ? I did it then restarted Apache but the
error remained.

  Any help or guide is very thankful

  Can Le

Never miss an email again!