httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Sam Carleton" <scarle...@miltonstreet.com>
Subject [users@httpd] apache + ssl lock down
Date Mon, 29 Jan 2007 11:13:12 GMT
Folks,

I am almost done with setting up my apache subversion server.  There
is one last thing I would like to do and I need some pointers on what
to look at.  I know the concept, but not the terms.  Right now I have
apache/ssl working in the normal way where it does the normal public
exchanging of keys with the browser, which is susceptible to man in
the middle attacks.  I need this very secure for a very limited number
of users, so I would like to set it up where the server requires the
client to have a specific key.  What is this called and can anyone
give me any pointers as to what I need to get apache, ssl, and the
client setup this way?

Sam