httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.0.46 problem
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2007 18:13:12 GMT
On 2/6/07, Abhijit Bhatnagar <abhinator@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hey joshua,
>
> Thanks for the reply ... I cannot reduce the max number of clients since on
> my website each image is served through a php file for security reasons
> hence increasing the number of requests...but still if all the requests get
> stuck then there is no point in increasing the number of max clients right
>
> The other issue is that there is a lot of file I/O involved while serving
> the pages of my website could that be reason for the apache crashing???

You haven't been very precise about exactly what is happening.  If
apache is freezing -- that is, accepting requests but not responding
at all, no matter how long you wait -- then it is unlikely that it is
I/O causing the problem.

As I said, it is highly likely that this is an issue with your php
scripts.  In the freezing case, look for some locked resource.  For
example, perhaps you have your scripts relying on an exclusive session
database, and when one of them messes up trying to access it, none of
the others can get through.

In general, given the high likelihood that this is a php problem
(which can be confirmed using the debugging technique I gave in my
last mail), you might have better luck asking on a php-specific list.

Joshua.