httpd-users mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache2 hangs once in a while
Date Tue, 22 May 2007 23:22:52 GMT
Jens.Heinemann@manerf.com wrote:
>> On 4/5/07, Jens.Heinemann@manerf.com <Jens.Heinemann@manerf.com> wrote:
>>
>>> The problem I have is that the server doesn't respond sometimes. Maybe
>>> this happens after I have done a lot of mysql database requests in a
> short
>>> time but since I can't reproduce the error by putting many requests in
>>> think this is not the cause.
>
> Just for the record if someone else has this problem :)
>
> The temporarly frozen apache was caused by mod_ntlm when it is in NTLM
> authentication mode. After I changed it to BASIC (still checking against
> the active directory) it runs smooth.

You are limited to 10 NTLM/login sessions on a windows desktop os (this
is enforced at the GNI provider layer).  Are you actually running on Windows
Server?  If not this will continue to be a problem for you with ntlm auth.
With windows server, you are limited to whatever number of *authenticated*
connections that specific OS permits.