httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Tony Benham" <to...@kerrisway.freeserve.co.uk>
Subject [users@httpd] How to access virtual hosts from another pc ?
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2007 12:41:42 GMT
I want to have two sites running on a win2003 server machine in our network
which has a single ip address.
I have setup apache 2.0.59 with two name based virtual hosts, and modified
the hosts file to allow me to access the sites by name.
The entries in httpd.conf are
NameVirtualHost *:80
<VirtualHost *:80>
   DocumentRoot C:\Bugzilla
   ServerName bugzilla
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost *:80>
   DocumentRoot C:\avdp
   ServerName avdp
</VirtualHost>
The hosts file contains
127.0.0.1 bugzilla
127.0.0.1 avdp

On that pc I can now browse the 2 sites using http://avdp, http://bugzilla

Now I want to access the sites from other machines on the network, but I'm unclear how I set
this up ?
I did setup a dns cname for each site, ie avdp and bugzilla pointing to the win2003server
machine, but I always get the first site listed, if I browse either site.

Regards
Tony

The contents of this Email and any files transmitted with it are confidential
and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is
addressed.
The views stated herein do not necessarily represent the view of the company.
If you are not the intended recipient of this Email you may not copy, forward,
disclose or otherwise use it or any part of it in any form whatsoever.
If you have received this mail in error please Email the sender.
Image Processing Techniques Ltd
Tel : +44(0)1189886226
Fax : +44(0)1189886227
Website : www.imageproc.com
Registered Office : Phoenix House, Bartholomew Street, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 5QA
Registration Number : 3564291
Place of Registration : England
VAT Registration : 709198411