httpd-users mailing list archives

From Cryptronic <m...@cryptronic.de>
Subject [users@httpd] Outgoing filter ends in oom
Date Sun, 03 Jun 2007 16:44:04 GMT
HI all,

I have a problem concerning the outgoing filter of apache 2.2.3 with mpm
worker from the debian repository.

the problem is the following:

when included a output filter, perl or c based, i get sometimes the
situation that a single apache process allocates all available memory
and swap. This ends in a oom situation.

I tried using a different mpm: prefork, but there is the problem that
the allocation process happens more often. With worker it happens 1 time
in 4-7 days.

I also tried limiting the allocation of memory by using the following
global configuration settings:

RLimitMEM 100000000 200000000
RLimitCPU 90 120
MaxMemFree 500000

Is there a possibility for preventing such a problem?

I didn't find such a problem using google and yahoo.

I would be very thankful for every help.

If you need more information I will try to give them.

Best regards

Oliver