httpd-users mailing list archives

From David Segall <da...@segall.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Changeing the default web site
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2007 16:16:34 GMT

Krist van Besien wrote:
> On 6/4/07, David Segall <david@segall.net> wrote:
>>

>> Krist van Besien wrote:
>> that
>> MythTV

>> I am
>> >
>> > I'm a bit confused here. You are the webmaster of MythTV.org? And how
>> > do you expect a webserver to have two default sites?
>> I'm sorry, I expressed that very badly. I am running the MythTV's
>> MythWeb _application_. It provides web access to _my_ MythTV server.
>
> Ok.
> If what you want is serving www.example.com and mythtv.example.com
> from the same apache server than what you need is to read everything
> about virtual hosting.
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/vhosts/
I have managed to avoid that so far by using my domain name manager's
Web Fowarding facillity. It forwards www.example.com to example.com. I
even use it when I put a reference to a particular page on my site in a
Usenet post. I tell people to look at very_interesting.example.com and
the web forward takes them to
example.com./lengthy_directory_names/very_interesting.html.

Can't someone save me from "reading everything about virtual hosting"?