httpd-users mailing list archives

From Senén de Diego <se...@electrodh.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Redirect, Rewrite and php.ini
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2007 16:59:51 GMT
Well, the funny part is that I'm doing all this to try to avoid caching
issues... I'm redirecting sincronizar.jnlp to sincronizar.php only to
add an Expires header in the response (because our hosting provider
doesn't have mod_expires installed and doesn't want to install it...).
The main ISP here in Spain are using proxy caches, and this is giving me
a lot of problems with outdated jnlp files.
I'm not using an normal browser as user agent but a program called
SamSpade, which allows me to see the headers. And I don't think it
caches anything.
The only difference between
RewriteRule ^sincronizar\.jnlp$ sincronizar.php
and
RewriteRule ^sincronizar\.html$ sincronizar.php
is that the file sincronizar.jnlp exists, and sincronizar.htm doesn't
(but if I remove sincronizar.jnlp nothing changes).