httpd-users mailing list archives

From Michael Conlen...@obmail.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Understanding the difference between conn vs. child vs. slot
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2007 03:02:13 GMT
A slot is a placeholder for a child. There may or may not be a child
there depending on max/min spare servers. A child is a process or a
thread that handles requests. A connection is a link between a client
and a child which resides in a slot.

In this case there is 1 request from the connection to a child which
has served 10,216 requests which is residing in a slot which has
served 15,022. The difference between the last two of ~4,800 requests
are requests to that slot which were processed by a child (thread or
process) which was subsequently terminated. Child termination can
happen because max spare servers was exceeded or for any number of
other abnormal reasons (process crashing). There may be other normal
reasons such as max number of requests per child.

--
Michael Conlen