httpd-users mailing list archives

From Peter Milanese <milanesefami...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] AD and apache
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2007 15:29:20 GMT
It needs OpenLDAP in order to compile the module. It does not need a directory setup on OpenLDAP.

----- Original Message ----
From: Tom Hart <tomhart@coopfed.org>
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, October 3, 2007 8:10:13 AM
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] AD and apache

This is the same issue I've been having. Auth_LDAP is built into apache
now (probably if you found something it's designed for 1.x or 2.0.x).
My issue is that I'm unable to figure out how to install auth_ldap
after I've already installed apache on windows using the msi.

I suppose I could get into the code and compiling it and all, but this
setup is going to be used in a financial institution, and stability is
a huge concern. I fear that doing the compiling myself is going to
cause problems.

Melanie Pfefer wrote:

  in my case apache is already installed but with no
ldap module.

Looking on the net, auth_ldap-1.6.0 needs openldap
(does not mention AD)

thanks
--- Peter Milanese <milanesefamille@yahoo.com> wrote:

    I think the question is "does Apache support AD".

Yeah, you can do it, there are many tutorials online
if you need help.