httpd-users mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] compiling apache on windows with minimum foot print
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2007 05:41:05 GMT
Ashwani Kumar Sharma wrote:
> Hi team,
>

> I want to compile apache with minimum footprint possible on *windows.*
>
> For doing this I want to build it with only those modules without which
> apache cannot be built.
>
> I want to exclude rest of the modules while building.

Generally you'll build with entirely loadable modules as of httpd 2.0, so
it's just a matter of changing the default httpd.conf and commenting out
all those you don't require.  MPM will be compiled in, of course.

Yes, httpd runs (plain file server) with nothing but the core, using what
ever files are in your docroot.