httpd-users mailing list archives

From Andre Hübner <Andre.Hueb...@gmx.de>
Subject [users@httpd] Options +Indexes - viewing foldername of ptotected subfolders
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2008 14:07:37 GMT
Hi List,

i have a problem with Options directive. I have folder in which are some other folders located.
All of these subfolders are .htaccess protected by basic authentication. Also there is a .htaccess
with Options +Indexes to view foldercontent in browser.
With apache1.3 als works fine. I see all folders and if i click one i get asked for logindata.
Now im using apache 2.2.8. Difference ist that all protected folders are hidden in browser.
i can only see folders which are not .htaccess protected.
All Folders with protection are not visible and errorlog says: client denied by server configuration:
/path/to/home/folder/.htaccess
I tried some other Options features but nothing is working to restore old behavior. Is there
a way to do that?
Thanks Andre