httpd-users mailing list archives

From Michael Gordon <deve...@armadilloweb.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Using Apache From a CD Disk
Date Sun, 02 Mar 2008 23:12:14 GMT
I have a customer who would like a copy of his web site on a CD.

The web site is built around the Apache Server applications and is
hosted on a Linux server with Apache Web Server software.

If I remember correctly when Apache is installed on a Windows PC (XP)
Apache does not install entries into the Windows Registry.

With that thought in mind can Apache be loaded onto a CD along with the
web site files and serve the files in the same manner as a web server?

The plan is to have all the web site files on the CD with the Apache files.

An Auto Start CD program will launch Apache and then the web file
index.shtml.

Thanks for any advice.

Michael Gordon

--
Armadillo Web Design
Opening your door of opportunity

Armadillo Web Design
www.armadilloweb.com

Character is doing the right thing...
Even when no one is watching...

SeaMonkey
www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
The all in one browser, mail, and composer.
SeaMonkey the "All In One Internet Application Suite"