httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ben Schonle <...@amigos24.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Cannot access "localhost"
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2008 20:00:42 GMT
Hey,

Joshua you are great, thx for the fast replies.

1) http://127.0.1.1/ doesn't work either

2) sudo netstat -anp | grep '^tcp.*LISTEN' (I am a newbie to Linux and I
found this command, because just entering netstat produced too much
information).

produces the following

////////
ben@ben-desktop:~$ sudo netstat -anp | grep '^tcp.*LISTEN'
[sudo] password for ben:
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:80              0.0.0.0:*
LISTEN     5114/apache2
tcp6       0      0 :::22                   :::*
LISTEN     4693/sshd
///////

If I understand it correctly apache is listening on port 80. Btw what
does the number 5114 in front of apache2 mean?

greets,
Ben