httpd-users mailing list archives

From Norman Khine <nor...@khine.net>
Subject [users@httpd] 502 Proxy Error and cookies
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2008 11:44:00 GMT
Hello,
I am trying to resolve a 502 Proxy Error. Currently I am redeveloping
http://expert.travel and the new site will be http://uk.expert.travel

When you access the first site http://expert.travel and then you access
the second site you get the 502 Proxy Error:

--
Proxy Error

The proxy server could not handle the request GET /.

The first site is running on zope and has the following rewrite rule:
<VirtualHost *:80>
   ServerName expert.travel
   ServerAlias www.expert.travel
   <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
     RewriteEngine On
     #DenyHosts Rules
     RewriteMap    hosts-deny      txt:/home/XXX/apache/hosts.deny
     RewriteCond   ${hosts-deny:%{REMOTE_HOST}|NOT-FOUND} !=NOT-FOUND [OR]
     RewriteCond   ${hosts-deny:%{REMOTE_ADDR}|NOT-FOUND} !=NOT-FOUND [OR]
     RewriteCond   ${hosts-deny:%{HTTP:true-client-ip}|NOT-FOUND}
!=NOT-FOUND
     RewriteRule   ^/.*  -  [F]
     #Zope Rules
     RewriteRule ^/(.*)
http://expert.travel:PORT/VirtualHostBase/http/expert.travel:80/shops/shop1/VirtualHostRoot/$1

[L,P]
   </IfModule>
   #Logs
   ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/uktravellist_error.log
   CustomLog /var/log/apache2/uktravellist_access.log combined
   RewriteLog /var/log/apache2/uktravellist_rewrite_log
   RewriteLogLevel 2
     <Directory "/var/www/localhost/htdocs">
        Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
        AllowOverride None
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
     </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

####
# AND THE NEW ENTRY for UK.EXPERT.TRAVEL:

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName uk.expert.travel
    ServerAlias fr.expert.travel
   <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
      RewriteEngine On
      #DenyHosts Rules
      RewriteMap    hosts-deny      txt:/home/XXX/hosts.deny
      RewriteCond   ${hosts-deny:%{REMOTE_HOST}|NOT-FOUND} !=NOT-FOUND [OR]
      RewriteCond   ${hosts-deny:%{REMOTE_ADDR}|NOT-FOUND} !=NOT-FOUND [OR]
      RewriteCond   ${hosts-deny:%{HTTP:true-client-ip}|NOT-FOUND}
!=NOT-FOUND
      RewriteRule   ^/.*  -  [F]
      RewriteRule ^/(.*) http://localhost:PORT/expert/$1 [P]
      RequestHeader set X-Base-Path expert/
   </IfModule>
    RewriteLogLevel 9
    RewriteLog /tmp/uk_expert_rewrite.log
    ErrorLog       /tmp/uk_expert_error.log
</VirtualHost>

If I then go and clear the cookies from the browser, I can then access
the http://uk.expert.travel without a problem.

Any suggestions.

Many thanks

Norman