httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Matthew Kitchin \(Usenet/Lists\)" <mkitchin.pub...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Optimize for large file downloads on Windows
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2008 20:24:51 GMT
Joshua Slive wrote:

> The traditional place to start debugging a problem like this is to try
> various combinations of the following three directives in httpd.conf:
> Win32DisableAcceptEx
> EnableSendfile Off
> EnableMMAP Off
>
> If any of those works, it probably means that apache is having
> difficulties with your network drivers/firewalls/etc.
>
> And in addition, you should certainly move to the latest 2.2 release.
> 2.0.45 is very old.

I think you nailed it. Setting these 2 options
EnableMMAP off
EnableSendfile off
Dropped the download time to between 2 and 3 seconds. Thank you!

I will work on a project for upgrading to 2.2, but it is a little more
involved than it might sound. this is part of a healthcare EMR, nad major
changes require extesnive testing and certification.

Thanks again for your help!