httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] <Location /> for a whole site BUT one directory
Date Sun, 03 Aug 2008 19:15:50 GMT
Ralph Kutschera wrote:
> Hallo list!
>
>   I've been searching the archive but it seems there isn't yet a
> solution to this:
>
>   I would like to have a whole site to be accessed only by user/passwd:
>
> <Location />
>   AuthXXX [..]
> </Location>
>
>   Only one directory should be accessible without authentication:
> <Location /public>
>   Order Allow,Deny
>   Allow from All
> </Location>
>
>   This does not work. I'm getting asked for user/passwd whenever I try
> to access http://domain.com/public

It looks like the AuthXXX directives are being "inherited" from the
location / to the location /public, doesn'it ?
What happens if in /public, you just add another "AuthName public", and
no other auth-related directives ?

I have a more complicated solution (working) involving mod_perl, but
let's see if there exists a simpler alternative, in which I am also
interested.

André