httpd-users mailing list archives

From Christian Felsing <...@felsing.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Problem: Reverse Proxy Should Use a Specific IP(v6) Address on an Multihomed Interface
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2008 06:46:16 GMT
Hello,

I created a specific configuration for a reverse proxy, which does some
URL rewriting and accesses a remote server. This rproxy is a IPv6 to
IPv4 gateway to allow IPv4 users accessing IPv6 only servers. IPv6
interface has multiple IPv6 addresses:

1.) 2a01:dead:beef::2/128
2.) 2a01:dead:beef:2::2/124
3.) 2a01:dead:beef::f001/128

httpd is configured so it listens on 1) and 3) only, but it uses 3) as
outgoing IPv6 address.

Is it possible to tell httpd to use 1) instead of 3) as source IP
address if rproxy accesses an IPv6 host ?

This is my configuration of regarding vhost:

<VirtualHost 193.x.x.x:80>
   ServerName 4.xxx
   ServerAlias *.4.xxx
   DocumentRoot "/home/www/xxx"
   CustomLog /var/log/apache2/xxx/access_log combined
   ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/xxx/error_log

   RewriteEngine on

   RewriteCond %{REQUEST_METHOD} ^(TRACE|TRACK)
   RewriteRule .* - [F]

   ProxyVia Block

   RewriteCond   %{HTTP_HOST} ^(.+)\.4\.ip6\.li$
   RewriteMap    ip6-map      prg:/mytools/ip4to6gw.pl
   RewriteRule   ^(.+)        %{HTTP_HOST}$1          [C]
   RewriteRule   ^(.+)        http://${ip6-map:$1}    [P]

</VirtualHost>

Only problem is remote IPv6 server see address 2a01:dead:beef::f001
instead of 2a01:dead:beef::2 which would be desired source IP address.
Everything else works as expected.

best regards
Christian Felsing