httpd-users mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: suExec and UserDir module
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2008 22:00:38 GMT
Juan Asensio Sánchez wrote:
> Does anyone know if this can be done? Any help?
>
> 2008/8/4 Juan Asensio Sánchez <okelet@gmail.com <mailto:okelet@gmail.com>>
>
>     Hi everybody
>
>     I have just configured a LDAP based Samba Server. Now i want the
>     users to publish their websites with the module UserDir. The problem
>     is that user's directories are chmoded 700 (and I want to be 700)

But that is not possible.  You would be a fool to deploy suexec arbitrarily
across all the users, that's WORSE than setting the appropriate 711 perms
granting effectively far more permissions than you intended.

So if you won't set permissions appropriately, give the users another place
to store per-user documents outside of their home directories.