httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Can we use include directive inside location directive ???
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2008 19:22:19 GMT
Mick Ken wrote:
> Hi Friends,
> I have lot's of location tags like these:
>
> <Location /Project1>
>    DAV svn
>    SVNPath C:/Projects1/
>    AuthName "Projects1"
>    AuthType SSPI
>    SSPIAuth On
>    SSPIAuthoritative On
>    SSPIDomain mydomain
>    SSPIOfferBasic On
>    SSPIUsernameCase lower
>    Require valid-user
>    AuthzSVNAccessFile "C:/svn/svn-acl"
> </Location>
>
> <Location /Project2>
> and I was just wondering if I can take out the common part and put it
> into one common tag and include it thereafter for easier maintenance
> e.g I would like to take this part out from each tag:

I have no idea if this would work, if it's a bug, what version of Apache
you're using etc..
But..
there was a question on this forum a little while ago, where someone
wanted to "protect" his whole site, but unprotect one sub-part of the
site, like
<Location />
Authxxx something
etc..
</Location>
<Location /public>
(should be free)
</Location>

So basically, he wanted the opposite of what you want.
It turned out that the Auth specs for the / location appeared to be
"inherited" by the /public location (so he could not do what he wanted
to do).
But in your case, it may be worth a try :
<Location /Project>
 >    DAV svn
 >    AuthType SSPI
 >    SSPIAuth On
 >    SSPIAuthoritative On
 >    SSPIDomain mydomain
 >    SSPIOfferBasic On
 >    SSPIUsernameCase lower
 >    Require valid-user
 >    AuthzSVNAccessFile "C:/svn/svn-acl"
</Location>

<Location /Project1>
(what's specific to 1)
</Location>
<Location /Project2>
(what's specific to 2)
</Location>

and, maybe, /Project1 will "inherit" the common part from /Project ?
(assuming they really start with the same prefix of course)

Please tell the result.

I don't want to hijack your question, but I find that it is, in general,
an item relatively vague in the Apache 2.x documentation.  It does say
in which order the <Directory>, <Location>, <Files> etc.. are evaluated,

but I don't think it explicitly says what happens when several
<Location> or <LocationMatch> sections *could* apply to a URL.  Do their
specs for instance get "cumulated" ? Or does Apache finaly pick one and
one only, and applies only the specs of that one ?

Maybe another guru here can tell ?