httpd-users mailing list archives

From Res <...@ausics.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_dbd & mod_dbd_authn - mysql user authentication problems - apache 2.2.9
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2008 00:53:02 GMT
On Thu, 7 Aug 2008, Tom Donovan wrote:

> Steve Whitson wrote:
>> I’m trying to use mod_dbd and mod_authn_dbd and replacements for
>> mod_auth_mysql within an apache 2.2.9 server I built on solaris.
>
>> AuthDBDUserPWQuery "select password from users where name = %s"
>> When I start the server I get the following error:
>
>> [error] (20014)Internal error: DBD: failed to prepare SQL statements:
>> Unknown command
>> [error] (20014)Internal error: DBD: failed to initialise
>
> A guess: mysql table names are case-sensitive on Unix, although field names
> are not.
>
> Is your actual table name "Users" rather than "users" ?

That wont produce errors like that, not in apache log on "start up"

Steve:
Try this:   httpd -t -D DUMP_MODULES

and look for 'authn_dbd_module' and  'dbd_module'
and ensure it reprots no problems with syntax

--
Cheers
Res

2/ If only cleanfeed filtered out trolls as well as spam, usenet would be
    a nicer place.