httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Chris Henderson" <henders...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] .htaccess - local and LDAP authentication on Apache 2.x
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2008 00:06:15 GMT
I need to create a local user for apache authentication. That's on top of the
.htaccess authentication that is already done via LDAP.

I have created a .htpasswd file but in error_log I can see it's trying LDAP
lookup:  [mod_auth_ldap.c (815) ] - no user found for: joe

I tried adding the location of .htpasswd in .htaccess file but that
overwrites the LDAP
authentication.

Here is my .htaccess file

AuthName "Restricted"
AuthType Basic

LDAP_Server active.directory.company.com
LDAP_Port 368
Base_DN "ou=district,dc=users,dc=company,dc=com"
UID_Attr samaccountname
require valid-user
AuthUserFile /path/to/.htpasswd

I was wondering it this is possible. If yes, how?

Thanks for any help.