httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Spliting ServerRoot
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2008 12:31:16 GMT
Lester Caine wrote:
> I've just had a problem on a site that I need to get fixed properly.
>
> I should probably have taken a bit more care when I set thing up, but at
> that time I missed one thing, and that was that the log files default to
> ServerRoot.
>
> I don't want to move the configuration files from /etc/ but I need to
> move all the logging over to /usr2/ so that it does not fill the base
> 8Gb partition - and crash the server :(
>
> Is there a 'global' setting which will move the base log directory or do
> I have to handle each logging directive manually? This is on a Mandiva
> 2008.0 setup which uses /etc/httpd/ but on the SUSE setup I seem already
> to have the logging split, and can't see why it's different.

In the httpd.conf (or apache.conf) and/or similar VirtualHost conf
files, there are 2 lines :
ErrorLog and CustomLog, which indicate the logfiles for errors, and for
accesses respectively.
If the paths to these files start with a "/", then the path is absolute.
If it starts without a "/", then it is relative to the server root.
 From what you say above, I guess they start with "logs/....", which
make them relative.
So just change that to "/usr2/httpd/logs/.." or whatever you need, and
restart apache.