httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Krist van Besien" <krist.vanbes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Error when creating certificate in HPUX
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2008 06:09:02 GMT
On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 15:54, Tan, Liao <liao.tan@citi.com> wrote:
> txs to those that gave me attention. I was wondering, if in case thereĀ“s nothing to
do with the random stuffs in HPUX, and I think the command with parameter "-des" has something
to do with this, will it solve if I generate certificates WITHOUT the
> "-des" option?
> Again, I cannot test it on my own, this is a production machine...

You can use openssl to generate keys , certificate requeste etc. on
any machine, and then copy them to the machine where you will use
them. You could even do it on a windows pc.
That way you avoid the problem of not enough entropy.

Krist

--
krist.vanbesien@gmail.com
krist@vanbesien.org