httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Matt Kasselman" <mjk7...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Custom Apache Module Compile/Runtime Failure on 64-bit RHEL 4
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2008 15:51:02 GMT
I developed a custom Apache module to deal with some specific header
issues in our environment. Everything works great on a 32-bit and a
64-bit ASF Apache build.

However, if I try to build on a 64-bit RedHat 4 server with the RedHat
apxs tool (/usr/sbin/apxs) and then run the module with RedHat Apache
(/usr/sbin/httpd) Apache seg faults anytime a request uses the module.

I boiled it down to the following lines of code by building a test
module and adding a couple lines to the handler (/usr/sbin/apxs -g -n
foo).

void *name;
name = (char *) (size_t) apr_pstrdup(r->pool,"matt");
ap_log_error(APLOG_MARK, APLOG_NOTICE, 0, r->server,"[foo:handler]
Entering Foo Handler %s",name);

Anyone run into this before? Any secrets to compile Apache modules for
RedHat's Apache? Has RedHat done something strange?

RedHat's Apache version
Server version: Apache/2.0.52