httpd-users mailing list archives

From Justin Pasher <just...@newmediagateway.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Invoking single app for everything in a hierarchy
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2008 18:00:33 GMT
Erik Westland wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to direct requests for everything (cgi, pl, html, etc) under the root directory
to a single CGI. The catch is that I would like the parameters to remain unchanged; passed
to the single handler.

> For example, for the following:
> - /index.html
> - /foo/fake.cgi
> - /goo/moo/not-real-either.pl
> - /another/faker.gif
>
> I would like to invoke a single application (e.g. helloworld.cgi), but want to retain
the original request info (e.g. post/get, params, referrer,...).

> I am trying to test (load/functionality) a custom filter and want to run production access
logs via JMeter. The logs contain a number of applications that I don't have deployed, I just
need something to respond to the request. The filter inspects the request params, but doesn't
care about the content of the response. JMeter will want a 200 return code though.

> Hope this is clear enough...
>
> Cheers and thanks,
> Erik

Unless I'm misunderstanding the task, a simple RewriteRule will
accomplish this.

RewriteRule .* /cgi-bin/helloworld.cgi [L]

--
Justin Pasher