httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Williams, Dewey" <willi...@uncc.edu>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache fails to start as service
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2008 15:58:10 GMT

Whats strange is that
> if I simply run the
> command (httpd) Apache starts fine.
>

> Thanks,
> Tim

Tim,

I have had this problem for many versions of Apache (since 2.0) and it
has yet to be resolved.  I have found that Apache will run in a Command
Window, but not as a service.  Don't know why, have asked many Apache
gurus here and "in the cloud" with no resolution.

If you find a solution please pass it on.

Dewey Williams
UNC Charlotte