httpd-users mailing list archives

From JimRaynor <dbena...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_rewrite behaving differently on different apache servers. What to do?
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2008 13:09:15 GMT

As part of SEO optimization, I use this code in my .htaccess file :

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^some/(.*)/(.*).html$ some.php?&reqa=$1&reqb=$2

This code should rewrite this link:

some/valuea/valueb.html

into this:

some.php?&reqa=valuea&reqb=valueb

I tried this on several apache servers. On some it works perfectly. On some
it doesn't work at all. And on some it rewrites first part of the link, but
not query string (part after ? ) . How to configure Apache for this to work?
Should I change something in Apache config file? Is there another piece of
code that does the same thing, but more consistently?

Thanks for reading this